Friday 16 November 2012

Keep Calm and Love Your Natural Hair (Not)



It's the 5th last Friday until work shuts down!! The days are warmer, the sun sets later, the gym is fuller (and the fact that I know this means that I'm going!) and generally everyone seems happier at this time of year. I'm more convinced than ever that Seasonal Affective Disorder (or SAD) is a real, REAL thing, and boy, am I glad that this long winter is a thing of the past.

However, winter does have some perks: the fact that skirts and bare legs are hardly ever seen allows for less-than-freshly shaven legs; the extra kilo's we tend to accumulate in the mid-year months help to keep you walm and mousy-brown hair is far more acceptable in the colder season than when your skin is sunkissed.

Being blonde is high maintenance, not only because of the inconvenience of giving up a good few hours of your Saturday's, but it's can be painful and did I mention expensive! I wish that I could give it all up for the love of my natural hair colour, but this is just not going to happen!

Just look at the definition of said mousey brown hair as per the Urban Dictionary: "Having a drab, pale brown hair color. Almost gray (ish.) In easier words: A REALLY UGLY BORING HAIR COLOR WHICH NEEDS TO BE STYLED PROPERY (brown hair always falls under this definition . . . sometimes blonde, but mostly brown) You know that your hair is mousy if it's not necessarily a medium brown shade, not necessarily a blonde, just in the middle... with a hint of gray"

And so if you're looking for me tomorrow, you'll find me sipping cappicino's and reading my Kindle while Edwina works her magic for an hour or three.

Check out this recommendation of Reve Hair Salon in Wynberg by Kim Gray last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...