Wednesday 7 November 2012

Keep Calm and Get Motivated


Tuesday:

Perhaps its because it's the end of a very long year? Perhaps it's because work is quieter than normal? Perhaps it's because I need a change? I ask myself over and over, but have yet to find the answer to the question: Why is it that I am demotivated like never before in my life?

Every day starts with a battle. A battle to get out bed. A battle to leave the comfort of my home. A battle to drag myself to work. A battle to get on with the work that I should be doing. A battle to get off the social media sites that are the only thing to hold my attention for longer than 10 minutes. And then as the work day draws to a closer, the battle shifts to trying to get to gym!

This is something new to me, unchartered territory of sorts, and as such, I have no idea how to resolve it. I normally draw my strength from others, God, my surroundings. But now I feel drained, distant, au fait.

Perhaps a change really is as good as a holiday. Or maybe just a holiday is as good as a change.

28 working days and counting...




Wednesday:
And then you wake up the next morning with a smile on your face, energy to run a marathon and not a care in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...