Friday 26 April 2013

No Pain, No Gain... Now SMILE


Today I truely am smiling a BIG smile...and not only because it's Friday. When I was a kid we went to our beach house (my happy place) every holiday and all of my cousins and I loved to go up the beach on bakkies (they were allowed on the dunes back then!) We would then try to dig the tyres into the sand, hoping that the bakkie would get stuck and we would then have to come to the rescue and push it out...so random I know! One day when we were far up the coastline with family friends I was digging up a storm and knocked my front tooth out by hitting it against the rim the bakkie formed around the tyre. Our family friend, 9 months preggers at the time (she gave birth 2 days later!) raced me back to my parents and all I can now remember about the long drive was thinking that I really hoped that she didn't give birth with just me in the vehicle with her!

Why am I telling you this really random story?! Well, I obviously got my tooth fixed back then and although it lasted about 24 years, it wasn't the prettiest fix seen to mankind! Last week, with much pushing and prompting from my mother (thanks mom!) I embarked on the painful process of repairing and improving my two front teeth. It took 3 dentist trips and 2 trips to the dental technician (most of these very painful) but today I can SMILE and be confident about it! The "no pain, no gain" saying really is true. So I'm celebrating this Happy Friday with a big, straight toothed SMILE :-)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...