Thursday 8 November 2012

Keep Calm and Listen


One of my earliest music memories was, after hours of listening to the radio or casette tapes on a long car trip with the family, asking my mom why all of the lyrics of songs related to love. I seem to remember that her reply was something along the lines of "because love is such a beautiful thing." Not being entirely satisfied with her response, I decided that I knew better and told her confidently that one day I would write songs about butterflies!

Thousands of hours of piano lessons, band practices, choir rehersals, marching band treks and music theory classes later, I'm not sure that I ever did compose anything even remotely relating to butterflies, but the seed was planted and the love of music grew from there. I find my emotions so connected to the music around me - wake up to a upbeat, major key and I'll be in a good mood all day. Get me started in my favourite minor keyed balade and I'll be in meloncholy mode from there on out! No matter the style, no matter the artist - put a solid base line down, interesting layers on top and lyrics with depth and you'll have me as a fan.


My current obsessions, amongst many others, are:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...