Friday 2 November 2012

Keep Calm and buy an iPad


Next week I will receive my annual discretionary bonus payment - one thing I failed to be grateful for in Keep Calm and Be Grateful. When you get to a certain age (and I'm in no way about to give my age away!) certain pressures mount - to save rather than spend, to be wise with your finances rather than frivolous, to pay the full bonus into the bond and not to spend on tech-savy-nice-to-have's. My mom's favourite saying comes to mind: "Do you need it or want it?"

But then again, life is there to be lived and you can't take you money or your debt-free home with you to the grave and so I chose to spoil myself (I worked damn hard for it anyway) and allow for one not-entirely-neccesary purchase. So the answer is: "I want it and I'm going to get it!"

Some interesting related articles:
Tablets are more popular than smartphones with older generations
The iPad effect
Times may be tough but bonuses remain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...