Wednesday 8 May 2013

It's all about the Compromise!



This weekend we went on a 3 hour hike with friends and while I by no means consider myself fit or athletic, I love being outdoors and being in big wide open spaces. Outings like these make the farm girl in me really happy and content and my man knows this. Is it his favorite thing in the world? Definitely not but he does it anyway - maybe because he knows it's important to me or that it makes me happy...

This got me thinking and I wasn't sure that I do enough to return the favour. The closest I've come in the last little while is watching Iron Man 3 with him! I'm not the biggest fan of action flicks but I sat through the thing 'cause he was super excited about seeing it.

It's easy to compromise when it comes to little things like hikes and taste in movies (or lack thereof #winkwink!) but I've realised that there are things more serious than these that I'm extremely greatful that neither of us need to compromise on. So often I speak to friends who are reluctantly compromising on some fairly fundamental beliefs or valuest that they have all in the name of keeping the peace or keeping the relationship going. Who is to judge in these types of situations? Not me! But I am incredibly greatful that on any given weekend the compromising questions on the table are: Chicken or Sushi; Hiking or TV; Action or Period Drama?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...