Tuesday 9 April 2013

To cook or not to cook?



I'm always on the look out for a new pet project or hobbie to get my mind to relax after 5pm. Two of my friends have been taking pottery classes every week for the past little while and have been encouraging me to join. While I am keen for something relaxational and creative, I'm not entirely sure that I have to passion or co-ord's for clay!

The after hours classes idea got me thinking though - what would I find a useful investment of my time? Something that I wouldn't mind making a financial commitment too, knowing that it would give me long term reward? And then it came to me - cooking classes! I've blogged previously about my culinary disasters and how I seem to be constantly surrounded by chefs and Martha Steward types, so a cooking class or two sounds like a good idea to me.

In researching what is on offer in my area (Southern Suburbs, Cape Town) I found the following viable, affordable and internet friendly courses:

-  Chez Gourmet in Claremont offers varied evening classes on Thursday evenings. You can sign up for a single class (averaging R470 per class) or a course of 3 - 5 classes. Upcoming courses range from Japanese food, to pasta making to baking. Their website is not only really cute but also super user friendly
- Top Nosh cooking school offers courses that will help you get the basics covered and then move on to more advanced dishes. They also offer themed nights and can accomodate private and corporate functions

So now it's just to decide on the right option for me and take the plunge!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...