Friday 5 April 2013

Be a Tourist...in your own city



I love the fact that I live in a city which I get excited about sharing with friends or family visiting. Who else can boast of being a tourist in your own home town?!

My parents and brother were recently here for their annual visit and it wasn't hard to find things to keep them occupied (despite the rain.) Although, in writing down all that we did (and ate) I started to pick up two very distinct themes - I love food and I love Noordhoek! The two merged with our trips to the normal faves: The Noordhoek Community Market at Cape Point Vineywards, Cafe Roux who have recently opened for evening meals too and of course, last but very much not least, the much before mentioned Foodbarn Deli - Tapas by Night.

And then there was the family time - squeezing my flat with as many people as possible, visiting relatives, getting up at the crack of dawn to support the 2 Oceans Half Marathon runners and seemingly endless shopping (the Eastern Cape doesn't have REAL shops like we do!)

With a couple more days to go of entertaining the brother, the itinerary looks a little like this: rugby and more food at Barristers, more rugby and drinks at the famous Percy's, Steak, salad and chips at HQ and prehaps we should throw in something a little less food oriented and more cultured like a trip to Robben Island.

Busy and fun times - TGIF so that I can sleep in a little tomorrow :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...