Monday 8 April 2013

Keep Calm and Love a Nerd / Jock


My man told me the other day that he can get on with pretty much anyone, because, like I always tell him, he's a bit of a nerd, but he is also the worlds biggest sports fan (apart from that silly game where they kick a round ball around for 90-minutes with not much happening at all!) He can have the deepest conversation with the most random stranger or just light hearted sports banter with someone he's just met. That's when it struck me - that's one of the reasons that I love him so much!

Deep down I'm a total nerd, but growing up with a total jock of a brother made me appreciate the otherside of life. What other 13 year old girl knew every field position on the cricket field or sat for hours every Saturday drawing wagon wheels because it was "fun." As I type this, I'm acutely aware that this in itself is incredibly nerd-like behaviour...touche!

Life is all about balance isn't it? I love that he is the guy cheering on his team and taking in all the most currents stats meticulously, but then moments later, the sensitive, caring and supportive person that I so often need him to be. I love that he has the confidence to speak to anyone in a room full of strangers and as a result make me feel more at ease. I love that he reads the menu online before we get the restuarant so that we can chat instead of taking time to decide what to eat! I love that everyone loves him because when people tell me this it reminds me just how great he is and how lucky I am that I waited for so long to find Mr Right (and that I dodged all those yucky Mr Wrongs along the way!)

Basically...I <3 you Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...