Monday 8 April 2013

Be Brave and Keep Going


My cousin, who is the closest thing that I have to a little sister, is about to embark on an amazing adventure. And as with any amazing adventure, there comes a point just before it commences that the nerves and doubts set in. I know this because I'm probably one of the most conservative, stuck in a rutt type of people you will find, and before I set off on my big adventure, I was riddled with stress, doubts and just plain panic!

My advise to my pops is this:


Everything worth doing should have a healthy dose of fear attached to it - we need to be brave enough to stick to it and move forward regardless. Your adventure may seem daunting now, but once you are there, with the world at your feet, new opportunities surrounding you, new things to experience, new places to see and new people to meet, you will look back and laugh at all the sleepless nights and moments of self-doubt that you are now experiencing.

As someone who was stuck in the biggest rutt of all time, I can safely assure you that the fear is worth it. The reward at the end of the journey is worth it. The happiness that comes with positive change is worth it. The personal growth that change brings out in us is worth it. The fear and nervous anticipation is worth it...TOTALLY worth it!

It's the belief that things can and will be better because of the decision you've made that will get you through.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...