Tuesday 23 April 2013

Taste Cape Town



I continued my love affair with my adoped home-city by FINALLY attending The Taste of Cape Town - something I've wanted to do since I moved to the mother city! My boo and I decided to only try out the dishes that we either had never tasted before, or that we would not have generally ordered at a dinner. With an exception or two this is what we did and the tasting experience which resulted, well justified the price paid! Brasserie's deep fried egg, Savour's scallops and their Salmon Tartare were firm favourites for lunch and after those dishes and more, the best way to end off the meal was a Lindt dipped chocolate brownie cheesecake lolli! Check out all the details and the restuarants that exihibited on The Taste of Cape Town's website. 

As if eating all of that during the day was enough! We then moved on to a friends birthday celebration at the rooftop bar Tjing Tjing which not only has a great vibe but also good food and drinks. Their tapas were amazing and after indulging a little more, it was time for home.

A few days later, after I'd rested my stomach sufficiently, I embarked on my first cooking class at Chez Gourmet (I decided that their course that I mentioned in "To cook or not to cook?") I picked the Japanese Cooking class as my first and was not dissapointed! The food was delicious and healthy, the staff at Chez Gourmet were great and the evening was totally enjoyable. We even got to take home masses of food - pork dumplings, miso fish and salad, sushi, tofu stirfry and rice paper rolls. I'll definitely be signing up for another course soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...