Friday 11 January 2013

Keep Calm and Carry On...into 2013


It's a new, clean, fresh year! I'm not generally one for New Year resolutions, but I do love the idea of a brand new start, a clean slate of sorts. January is always a time of cleaning out the closets (literally) and finding new and improved things to replace the old and rumpled with. This year I'm on the hunt for the perfect scatter cushions...but let me not get sidetracked!

"Out with the old and in with the new" is all good and well but there are however somethings that I want to "carry on" from 2012 - my new found love of the random ramblings on this blog, my rediscovered love of scrapbooking (lame and SO middle-aged Afrikaans tannie-ish I know!!), my attempts to hit the gym and become physically fit (sing it with me now: physically, physically, physically fit!) and just generally to live life to the full - appreciating all that comes my way. The good, the bad, the ugly...

After spending some great QT with my family during the break, I was reminded by my (oh-so amazing) Gran, that in life you always have the choice to see the glass half full, to see the best in people, to have a positive attitude no matter what the obstacles. She is the best example of someone who does this 100% of the time and the results of her choice show in her serenity. So when the chips are down and the times get tough, my motto for this year will be: "What Would Gran Do?"

Here's to a happy, hopeful, harmonious 2013 everyone :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...