Thursday 24 January 2013

Hunting for the perfect cushion


My mom always taught me that when you don't have the means to refurbish fully, touch up the small things to make your room look bran new. Well, that lesson learnt, I've been hunting for the perfect scatter cushions for a while now (as mentioned in my first post of 2013) and have been struggling to find just what I'm looking for. I think that is half the problem - knowing exactly what I'm looking for! That, and the limited budget that I have at the moment.
I sometimes wish I could be this blunt!
(Mr Price Home)

I started out the search at good old M R Price hoping to find "the ones" at an affordable price. While they have many ok options, I didn't fall in love and given the short life span of "poofiness" the previous bunch I got from there had, I'm hesitant to repeat the buy.

Awesome colours and print
(Woolies)

The ever reliable Woolies must be able to deliver I thought. And indeed they did...at a price! I fell in love a few time over in the hour or so that I was there, playing with different colour combinations on my imaginary couch (I promise that there was another lady there doing the EXACT same thing - I wasn't the only retard unsure of my colour combinations!) So back to falling in love...I fell hard, but not quite hard enough to slash out close to R2000 in the notoriously tight first month of the year. But if I could have, I would have.

5 Rooms, based in Cape Town, is a great online option with plenty of amazing choices including cushion covers all at a pretty price! Seeing as payday is coming soon, I might even brave a visit to the ever amazing Weylandts to see what they have in store.

I'll share the pics when I finally find "the one!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...