Friday 31 May 2013

Clear Eyes, Warm Hearts, Can't Lose


It's been a really good week but a a busy one so TGIF! I'm normally fairly reclusive on week nights - not this week. Between work dinners, social dinners and a little down time, I've found my way back to a happy and more positive space.

I met up with my ex-boss from the "armpit of Africa" office who was such an encouragement to me, making me see that good in various work situations and giving me a far more positive outlook on my 8 to 5 life. He really has become a great mentor to me and I'm truely greatful for this input at the moment.

Then, I put my cooking skills to the test and had 3 of my ladies over for our first "pasta and prayer" night. I promise that my cooking on the night was closely monitored by my man who called me to check on the progress and give some helpful hints before they arrived. Food aside, what an awesome night of connecting with the girls and sharing our lives. Nowadays so many of our new friendships are lived in a very superficial space and never really make it into the stage or depth that some of our longer standing friendships do. It was awesome to be honest and real and share the truths of our lifes making all of us feel more normal and less alone!

This week I also discovered podcasts on my iPad (I'm hugely technicologically challenged you see so it did take me a while) and I've been loving listening to hugely motiviating stories, money matters etc. It's my new favourite thing and I can't wait for my data bundle to kick in tomorrow morning so that I can download some more!

In what must be one of my favourite series ever, Friday Night Lights, Coach Taylor's famous saying is "clear eyes, warm hearts, can't lose." I feel like this week, I've without knowing it, been able to live with clear eyes and a warm heart. Clear eyes because I've been able to put into perspective all that has been going on, seperating the person from the problem (as Arnold Mol teaches) and as a result, being a little less stressed out. Seeing that I'm not alone in my worries or my fears has also helped me in seeing that I'm not paranoid in this and that a burden shared is a burden halved. Warm hearts because I've been able to remember elements of my role that I used to love and have tried to seek out more of these things to incorporate into my work and personal life (prehaps some further studies lie ahead in my future!) Knowing what I'm passionate about has helped me to feel that there is more to my current work life and hopefully I'm able to make positive steps forward in achieiving this.

So over all, it's been a great week. But man oh man am I glad it's Friday - excitement like Dillon supporters felt as the lights came on and the Panthers were about to run out onto the field! Happy Friday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...