Thursday 23 May 2013

It's "air the dirty laundry" time again



It's that time of year again. Performance management year end review time. Bleh. It's never before been my favourite time but it's also never been something that I've TOTALLY not looked forward too. But then again, I've never had to give feedback to anyone before, let alone a full team. Nor, clearly, have I ever had such a tumultious year. There is a first time for everything it seems.

Not only do I not feel like rehashing all the long gone, but not forgotten "bosperaad" dialogue, I"m just not sure that I have enough emotional strength or energy to go through it all again. Some things truely are better left unsaid. Unheard. Unwritten. Unread.

But...this is the corporate worold after all and so let's all get down to it and air the dirty laundry. I'm ordering a healthy dose of Stay Soft to dish out at all the many upcoming conversations giving and receiving that wonderful "constructive" criticism everyone always talks about. Apparently it's great for personal growth (or self esteem deminishment.) And again I say Bleh. BLEH...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...