Monday 10 March 2014

Some friendships never fade!



Very few times in my life have I met someone for the first time and within 2 minutes known that I would be friends with this person for a long time to come. One such occasion was a good 5 odd years ago when I met Margs after a church service back in the bay (also known as Port Elizabeth, my place of residence before finding a home in Cape Town!) There was just something about her - bubby, friendly, confident, but most of all, herself. This was a time of self discovery for most of us, as your mid-twenties are, but Margs knew exactly who she was, where she was going, what she stood for and was not apologetic for it.

Margs and I went on to be "partners in crime" from painting the town red, to joining old ladies book clubs to cell group meetings. We did pretty much everything together and when she moved away, I realized that my time in PE was drawing to an end...everyone kept leaving!!

This weekend Margs came to visit and after over 2 years of seeing each other (and both being very bad at keeping in touch!) we reconnected without skipping a beat. The weekend was spent sampling some delicious wine and food while catching up on what we've missed and reminiscing on all the fun and funny times we shared.

Some friendships truly never fade and I'm so pleased to have such a special person in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...