Friday 15 February 2013

Be Brave and Just BLOG IT


Being honest and vunerable is a very brave thing. I don't know about you all, but I often find it a lot easier to be honest about my emotions to complete strangers, in writting, than to those I know. When I started this blog, I just wanted a creative outlet - I didn't want anyone to know who I was, let alone have those around me read it. It took me a very long while to send my man the link to it and I still haven't told any other family or friends about it! I kind of like the idea of it being my little secret...My place to be me without the fear of reprise.

Why is it that we are so scared to open up and be vunerable to those around us? Prehaps it is that those around us don't truely know what goes on in our minds? I'd like to believe that one day, if my family and closest friends were to stumble across this page that they would know and understand the posts within the context of my life. There are however many "friends", or prehaps people better described as acquaintences, who would think I had multiple personalities!

When thinking this all through, I realised that, as the years tick over, I'm far less phased by what those around me think of me. This has forever been an issue that has plagued me and it's so empowering to be breaking free of it...slowly, but surely! I'm very happy to focus on the great group of close friends and family who know the real me than to be concerned over the views of others.

Am I ready to hit the "share blog" button on my Facebook page or even Twitter account yet - probably not. But then again, there are still plenty more years coming up to grow in confidence and in "who-gives-a-damn" attitude! Let's call being brave a work in progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...