Wednesday 6 March 2013

The Success Indicator



I feel like this morning is the first time I can breathe again at work since about 3 weeks ago (and as a result this is my first post in just as long!) In one of my last posts relating to leadership I touched on some of the issues I've been grappling with recently and the past few weeks have continued to give me much food for thought.

Without getting into all the gory details, I've had to take a step back and review myself. People always say that self awareness is one of the most valuable traits in successful people and I'm seeing now exactly why this is so. In light of this, I sought out more information on exactly what it is that sets successful people apart and how one can start the journey of self improvement. I came across this awesome illustration (despite the spelling error on it - but who am I to judge!) which I now have stuck firmly on my office wall.


And so, in all my interactions (not only at work) I'm trying my best to "exude joy, embrace change, have a sense of gratitude, compliment, forgive, accept responsibility for failures, continuously learn..." It hasn't been easy in all circumstances but I'm hoping that at some stage the much needed positive change will come and that things will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...