Thursday 22 November 2012

Keep Calm and Have a Ladies Night Out



At this stage in life, ladies nights are few and far between and have taken on a far more mature format to those crazy girls-nights-out of days gone by. This weekend the girls and I left the guys (and in some cases, kids) at home and met for dinner at The Foodbarn Deli and Tapas. While it's wasn't my first trip to the Deli for Tapas, I loved tasting the new menu items and once again was pleasantly suprised when the bill arrived at how affordable the really great meal (and wine) was.

Picture from Foodbarn
website

Beside the great food and drink, I was reminded of how special time with the ladies is and how important it is to prioritise these nights. Who best that to discuss your blonde moments, work frustrations, future plans, overseas holidays, kids allergies etc etc etc with!

So as the year draws to a close and our social calendars fill to the brim, I'm going to try as far as possible to keep a spot or two open for the various special ladies in my life. A couple of other great venues and events to bear in mind when planning the next Ladies Nights are:

- Rick's Cafe which is always good for a quick drink and snack after work before heading home
- The Bombay Bicycle Club where we are having our SNOBS dinner club on Friday (I can't wait! Great food, Great vibe, Great Decor)
- The Harfield Village Carnival is happying on Saturday and is apparently amazing
- Something I'm definitely not going to miss this year is The Franschhoek Magic of Bubble Festival
- French Toast is another spot high on my priority list to visit

So many places...so little time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...